SnapMD: 1.10 Release Notes
We’ve added Pivot Tables! This incredibly flexible reporting tool allows you to perform all kinds of very complex queries. It’s got a bit of a learning curve to it, but very powerful.
Export as PDF
In addition to the CSV format you can now export your reports directly to PDF.
Easily Display Disabled Accounts
We’ve added a simple check box next to the search field that allows you to easily find and re-enable disabled patient accounts.
Staff Account Improvements
We have improved the tagging system for staff accounts. We have also added the ability to filter the staff account list by role as well as tags.
Drag and Drop
You can now drag and drop files within between the provider and patient file repositories. Just drag a file onto the drop panel and it copies right over.
New Consultation Interface (Beta)!
This release include the beta version of our brand new consultation interface. We’re still working to make it perfect, but we think you’re going to love it!
In addition to an all new consultation interface we have also transitioned to a new video technology. We are now using WebRTC, powered through TokBox to support advanced features such as screen sharing.
Updates to our API library are now available to certified partners and developers.
Lower Field Requirements
Fewer required data fields, so your patients have a lower barrier to getting setup and connected.
The Visible and The Invisible
This release also includes a very large amount of visual fixes in addition to vast enhancements the core system code to help things look better and run more smoothly.
The Virtual Care Management Telemedicine platform is currently supported in:
- Google Chrome (latest release version)
- Google Chrome for Android (latest release version)
- Firefox (latest release version)
- Firefox for Android (latest release version)
- Internet Explorer 8 – 11 with the Plugin for Internet Explorer (not supported in 64-bit mode)
- Opera (latest release version)
- NOT Currently supported by Safari
- Video data uses port 443. Port 443 must be open on local network.
- Dashboard: Symptom Tracker
- Not working
- Schedule an Appointment Pop-Up Box
- Appointment Details: Date/Time fields don’t display default values
- De-activated clinicians show in the doctor selection dropdown listing
- Clinician selection menu may display incorrectly
- Header bar during a consultation displays incorrect branding
- Post Consultation Report: PDF Display/Data Issues
- Downloaded PDF: Encounter Date, Clinician Name, Duration values show to the left of their labels.
- Birth Info category shown with default value of “None” or “Child vaccinations up-to-date : No” (depending on which view you are looking at: Preview, Print, Download); even though they are not applicable due to the patient’s age i.e. if the question isn’t asked during the intake, the field shouldn’t show on the PDF — if it does, it should show as N/A vs. “No”.
- NOT Currently supported by Safari.
- Cannot hide a Provider or Patient in Internet Explorer. Attempting to hide the a Provider or Patient causes Internet Explorer to crash.
- The plugin does not support 64-bit mode in Internet Explorer. The plugin works in the 32-bit mode only.
- Sessions disconnect unexpectedly in Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
- WebRTC is primarily a peer-to-peer protocol, and it is possible that connections will fail to connect. The most common cause for failure is a firewall that the protocol cannot traverse.
- This version of the SDK does not support displaying videos using Apple AirPlay.
- In a session with the media mode set to relayed, only one client can subscribe to a stream published by an Android device.