Telemedicine and Telehealth Changing The World and Healthcare Industr
The healthcare world is changing dramatically, especially in the world of digital and mobile health. With all the updates and new technology devices, insurance companies are going to have to come up with a solution and therefore, start covering virtual healthcare visits. By 2018, 22 million households will use virtual care solutions, up from less than a million in 2013. Providers will need to communicate the benefits clearly to patients, and doctors in particular will be important players in ensuring smooth transition into this new care paradigm.
Here are a few benefits that Telehealth can provide:
• Extend reach and expand service to patients who require more access, such as patients who live in rural or remote areas.
• Minimize hospital admissions and readmissions by addressing non-emergency health concerns with preventative methods within a digital space.
• Help to monitor and manage long-term and post-hospital patient care while a patient rests and recuperates at home.
• Increase the number of patients who can be seen and treated during a given period of time.
• Provide new streams of revenue in the form of virtual consultations and assessments.
To learn more about the changing world of Virtual Health, Telehealth and Telemedicine visit, http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2014/04/03/virtual-health-care-visits-will-revolutionize-the-industry-if-we-let-it/